Mold growth is a common issue in our house due to humidity. Yet, few people pay attention to them as they do not understand the symptoms that this organism causes, leading to serious health effects.
So, what are symptoms of mold exposure? If this question confuses you, this article is for you. Scroll down and find the answer!
What Are Symptoms Of Mold Exposure?
This type of organism is such a nightmare for easily allergic people! They can cause respiratory symptoms and adverse skin effects if exposed to them for a long time.
Symptoms of mold exposure in adults are not different from those of children. Thus, please pay attention and find timely ways to deal with it.
If the following signs happen to you, you might suffer from symptoms of black mold exposure:
- Stuffy nose, runny nose
- Scaly and dry skin
- Itchy throat, nose, and even eyes
- Postnasal drip
For people with asthma, molds attack cause severe respiratory damage. Mold symptoms you cannot ignore are:
- Shortness of breath
- Dry cough, chest tightness
Moreover, some studies have shown neurological symptoms of mold exposure, including brain inflammation, decreased neurogenesis, impaired memory, anxiety, etc.
So, how long does it take to get sick from mold exposure? The mold in house symptoms above will appear about 2 to 9 hours after mold exposure. After that, they will follow you for 1 to 3 days before disappearing completely.
Keep in mind that they can come back if you don’t remove molds properly.
How To Prevent Mold?
Controlling humidity is key to eliminating the risk of its appearing. Always keep the humidity within 50% by turning on the dehumidifier or air conditioner. At the same time, you need to clean and dry the rooms.
Check and fix promptly when there are signs of water leakage. Avoid placing items that get wet easily (like carpets) in damp places (bathrooms, kitchens). Also, it will help if you use exhaust fans in these locations.
Paint is a pretty clever method to prevent molds. Still, remember to dry the object’s surface before painting, as you won’t want your paint to peel off right after that.
How To Remove The Mold?
The first job in the removal process is to protect yourself against the harmful effects of this organism. Please wear a mask, gloves, and glasses to avoid direct contact.
Remove all items that cannot dry quickly if signs of molds are detected. These include paper, cushions, carpets, curtains, and so on.
What about hard surface objects? Scrub them with detergent and dry. Then, use a HEPA filter (available in fireplaces and air conditioners) to remove all existing mold spores in your home.
How To Test For Mold Exposure?
If you suspect you have a problem with the fungus, you should contact your doctor or an expert on this organism immediately. You will then be placed between two available options: a blood or urine test.
Your sample will go to a lab for analysis. Once the specialist tests are over, you’ll know exactly how serious the problem is and what kind of mold is getting you in trouble.
What Does A Mold Headache Feel Like?
Mold growth causes sinusitis, which makes you suffer headaches. If you have a dull headache along with a feeling of oppression in your head, then you are very likely to have a mold headache. A nasal spray will be a very good option to ease this pain.
After this article, we hope you have found the most accurate answer to “what are symptoms of mold exposure?” and how to prevent it.
Keeping your home dry and clean is key to preventing fungus and dozens of other health hazards in your family. Thus, you need to be fully equipped with knowledge about them and not ignore any signs!